Opponent: Dartmouth Big Green
Conference: Ivy League
Current Record: 0-2
Tip: 2:00 PM
Where: Leede Arena – Hanover, NH
Broadcast: Ivy League Digital Network – Requires a paid subscription
Live Stats: http://www.dartmouthsports.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?SPSID=48792&SPID=4703&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=11600&LIST_SPORT_KEY=M_BASKETBALL
About the Opponent
Previous Game: Loss @ Marist, 78-73
Last Season’s Record (Overall/Conference): 14-15/7-7
KenPom Rank: 242
Meeting History: 3rd all-time meeting. LIU Brooklyn leads series 2-0. First time these two teams have met since the 1968-69 season, a 62-44 win for the Blackbirds.
High Scorer: Evan Boudreaux, Forward, Fr., 20.5 ppg
High Rebounder: Evan Boudreaux, Forward, Fr., 9.0 rpg
High Assist man: Malik Gill, Guard, Sr., 6.5 apg
G – Iverson Fleming
G – Martin Hermannsson
G – Joel Hernandez
F – Jerome Frink
F – Nura Zanna
G – Malik Gill
G – Taylor Johnson
G – Miles Wright
F – Conner Boehm
F – Evan Boudreaux
Dartmouth Scouting Report
This game will be just Dartmouth’s third game of the season and their first game in twelve days.
The Big Green haven’t had a winning overall record or a winning record in the Ivy League in 16 seasons.
Dartmouth’s leading scorer and rebounder is 6’8” freshman forward Evan Boudreaux who is having a great start to his college career, averaging 20.5 points and 9.0 rebounds per game in his first two collegiate games. Early on, he is drawing 8.5 fouls per 40 minutes on opponents.
Dartmouth’s next leading scorer is 6’7” forward Conner Booehm who is averaging 10 ppg but has just played 18 minutes per game due to foul trouble. He fouled out of the game in just thirteen minutes last time out against Marist. He is a career 50% shooter and has made 37% of his threes over his career.
The Big Green early on is having their difficulties on the offensive end. The effective field goal percentage is 39.6% which is currently 341st in the nation. Like LIU, Dartmouth is having their issues making the three-point shot. They are shooting 24.3% from three so far this season.
The Big Green are giving up a ton of free throws to opponents. They had a defensive free throw rate of 75.8% (FTA/FGA) which is dead last in the nation coming in this game.
Dartmouth was picked to finish sixth in the eight-team Ivy League in their preseason media poll.
What to know about LIU from their last game
– LIU trailed by 24 points at halftime and 25 points in the second half before mounting a furious second half effort which got them to with in 3 points of FIU with three minutes to play but ultimately lost the game by eight.
– Junior forward Jerome Frink finished with his first double-double in a LIU uniform with 20 points and 15 rebounds against his former school FIU on Wednesday night. The 15 rebounds were a new career-high.
– Junior guard Aakim Saintil just missed a double-double with 13 points which were all scored in the second half and nine assists.
– LIU shot 3 for 23 from three-point range vs FIU. Coming into this game, LIU is 17 for 79 from three which is 21.5%. They are ranked 350th in the nation in three-point shooting percentage. That is second-to-last in the nation. No LIU players has more than four three-points made so far through four games.
– Coming into this game, LIU has four players averaging over 11 ppg in Saintil, Joel Hernandez, Martin Hermannsson and Frink. Frink leads LIU in both scoring (17.8 ppg) and rebounding (9.5 rpg).
KenPom Prediction: Dartmouth, 78-73
Next Game: Thursday, December 3 – UMass Lowell @ LIU Brooklyn. The Blackbirds return home to face the River Hawks from the America East Conference. Tip is schedule for 7:00pm. Game will air on NEC Front Row.